As I was planning to start writing for a long time, this particular topic gives me a good start.
This blog post is highly inspired by Freek and many others.
I am using a MacBook Pro 15” (Mid 2015) with a 2.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB DDR3 RAM, and 500 GB hard disk.
At the office I use
- Keychron K2 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard
- Logitech mouse
- Acer 27” external monitor
I am always running the latest stable MacOS. I had a bad experience with upgrading with beta updated. So no more beta upgrades.
- No items on the desktop
- No sticky programs on the dock
- Hide the indicator for running apps (the dot underneath each app)
If the app is on my dock, it’s running.
- To run all the projects locally I use MAMP PRO. (Still old school.)
- I ❤️ Alfred. Actually I never use the macOS default spotlight or launchpad at all.
- I have a subscription of SetApp which provide great premium apps at affordable price.
- To connect to S/FTP, I use Forklift.
- Database GUI, TablePlus.
- Ulysses for writing.
- CleanMyMac X to manage macOS
- Google Drive as cloud storage for personal and business documents.
- (Just started using) Tinkerwell to run PHP code on the fly.
- PostMan for API calls.
- Lastpass is a password manager.
- Google Chrome with lots of extensions. Maybe a next blogpost to list out all the extensions.
My go-to editor is VSCode. I set up VSCode as the default app to open most types of files like txt.
That’s the first blog post on my blog. Looking forward to writing many more. 🤜